TechGirls is an international summer scholarship program designed to empower and inspire young women in the United States, Central Asia, the Middle East and North Africa to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
TechGirls is packed with skills development workshops and interactions with the most innovative technology professionals in the United States, as well as 45 hours of study in a technical camp with our partner, the Center for Enhancing Diversity. Virginia Tech engineers. The TechGirls program offers a rich cultural immersion experience, enhances participants’ ability to access technology areas and encourages them to pursue higher education in areas where women are underrepresented.
Areas of intervention:
Eligibility conditions (criteria)
- Girls between 15 and 17 years old.
- From one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tajikistan, Tunisia and Uzbekistan.
- Have demonstrated interest in STEM fields and intend to pursue graduate studies or a career in technology.
- Commit to completing a follow-up project.
- Have at least one semester of high school remaining after the program.
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- International flight ticket to and from the participant’s country in the United States.
- Housing during the program (hotel with double occupancy or dormitory).
- Meals during the program (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Local transportation for group program events.
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International.
- Emergency health insurance.
How to register
Step one: Launch the application via the link here.
Step Two: Prepare the following:
- A good photo (headshot) (.jpg or .png, not more than 2 MB)
- Your last transcript or report (PDF)
- You will complete eight essay questions. It is recommended that these be longer than 150 words and not more than 350 words
- If you have a passport, you will need to include the number. You do not have to have a passport to apply.