In today’s post, we would examine examples of creative thinking and also the right techniques on how to develop creativity. Sometimes, when we face a project, problem or situation, our mind is blocked and does not let us think. Because of this, our creativity goes to the background and we are not able to obtain solutions.
However, today, we have various techniques that help us be more creative and overcome that blockage. If you have entered that phase that does not let you move forward with your project, the following processes will be very useful to relocate to what you were carrying out.
1. Da Vinci technique
This practice is a tool that helps us develop our creativity. It is based on the creative process that Leonardo Da Vinci followed, in which he let the unconscious inspire him.
When it comes to this technique, all you need to make it is a pencil and paper. In addition, you must follow the following steps:
- Focus on a problem that worries you and examine it.
- Relax, so that your intuitive conscious can use more images and symbols.
- Let your intuition show you images and symbols that represent your problem.
- Draw a limit.
- Let your mind draw freely without worrying about it.
- Examine your drawing. In it, you will find signs that leave your thoughts.
- Write the first word you can think of for each symbol or sign.
- Think about how they relate to the problem.
- Pay attention to all the unknowns that appear in your mind in relation to those signs.
Once all the steps have been completed, you will get your creativity back.
2. Fresh Eyes technique
Thanks to this method, also known as Clean Eye Technique, we will be able to solve that creative block that invades us sometimes. It is a simple process that will show us infinite solutions to our problem. Here is the process you must follow to put this technique into practice:
- Pose the problem you want to solve.
- Once done, it will be presented to a number of people who do not know or are part of this setback.
- Collect all the information provided by these people
- Study everything that has been collected trying to find a solution with the help of these premises.
3. Scamper technique
We are faced with a system created by Bob Eberlee who was inspired by the brainstorming technique. Basically, it is based on seven concepts that form the acronym of its own name:
Read also: How to discover your professional vocation?
As for its implementation, three steps are established that will be carried out during the process:
- Identify the problem to which the technique will be applied.
- Ask a series of questions related to each of the seven SCAMPER concepts.
- They evaluate and decide which of the ideas are the most appropriate to solve the problem.
4. Brainwritting technique
This method is a variety of the mythical Brainstorming. Therefore, like this one, it is about sharing ideas that are developed with the participation of other people.
Regarding its operation:
- Expose the topic that is going to be discussed.
- Each participant writes in a folio the ideas that arise.
- New ideas are provided on those already noted and, thus, the creative process with which we will solve our project is unleashed.
Simply put, creativity is one of the most important qualities of a person. The problem appears when it cannot develop due to a mental block. However, thanks to the existence of different listed techniques to develop creativity with them we can overcome that obstacle and let our creativity flow.