About University of King’s College International Student Awards
Founded in 1789, the University of King’s College is affiliated with a neighbouring research-intensive university and offers degrees in arts, science, music and journalism, and is renowned for its humanities and journalism offerings.
Why study at the University of King’s College? The college programs train you to work under pressure and have a flexible and creative approach to work. Here, you will gain valuable research and storytelling skills, and begin building your portfolio of published stories soon after you start.
The educational programme aims to encourage excellent students who want to pursue a master’s degree programme in Journalism at the University. If you are thinking about to become a good journalist and want to gain master education in Canada, apply for the International Student Awards at the University of King’s College.
- University or Organization: University of King’s College
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Education fund
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Master of Journalism
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- An accredited four-year journalism degree (or equivalent) with an average grade of ‘B’ or higher in the last 60 credit hours of study
- A three-year journalism degree from Quebec and a two-year diploma from CEGEP
- A four-year undergraduate degree and a minimum of five years’ full-time experience in journalism
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, candidates need to take admission in a Master of Journalism program at the university. After that, they can apply via the university’s online application form. Please forward your completed applications and supporting documentation at awards-at-ukings.ca
- Supporting Documents: The following can be sent as accompanying documents: Two copies of an official academic transcript and degree certificate, personal statement, portfolio, reference letters, and English proficiency
- Admission Requirements: Taking part in a master’s degree programme, you must meet the general admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency, which will enable them to succeed in their university studies. Proficiency must be demonstrated regardless of citizenship or country of origin.
The University of King’s College will provide an education fund to the successful students for the Master of Journalism program.